Here’s a healthy version of tacos using fresh fish. In this recipe I used a green job fish, with a citrus, dill, cumin marinade and spicy retreat made tomato relish.
- 4 fillets of firm white fish, such as snapper, cod, mahi mahi, or job fish
- 2 medium limes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika/cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin or curry powder
- Handful of Dill
- Dash of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small green lettuce thinly sliced
- 4 small soft shell tortillas
- Lime, for garnish
Place the fish in a dish and squeeze a lime. Add the paprika/cumin, chili/curry powder, and olive. Season with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the marinade until evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Shred lettuce and set aside. Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in alluminium foil and placing in 180 oven for 5 minutes.
Remove the fish from the marinade and cook in a hot fry pan, cook for about 3 minutes. No More. (It’s OK if it breaks apart while you’re flipping.) To construct, cut warm tortillas in four pieces and align on a rectangle dish, top with shredded lettuce, fish and top it with tomato relish or sour cream and any optional garnishes such as a guacamole.
Great dish for a Fiesta!